How to self-refer - Mental Health
Who can refer a patient?
We accept self-referrals* along with referrals from other hospitals, medical specialists and general practitioners.
We accept the following patients for admission:
- Private Patients
- Any patient with relevant hospital insurance cover. We will always confirm with your insurer prior to your admission if you are appropriately covered.
- Self-Insured Patients
- A quote will be provided to patients prior to admission
- Workers Compensation/Third Party
- Approval needs to be sought from the insurance company prior to admission
- Veterans Affairs Patients (DVA)
- Veterans and War Widows may be admitted to the hospital
Self-referring patients should contact us before presenting to The Southport Specialist Suites.
Contact Numbers for Referral
Southport Specialist Suites
Phone: 0756 718 999
Fax: 0756 718 990
*In order to claim a Medicare rebate patients will need to provide a referral letter with a doctor's provider number.